CastStone Pty Ltd (ABN ) is an Australian manufacturer of Precast Concrete Products.
Caststone is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
• We do not collect sensitive personal information.
• We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
• Most of our website can be viewed without providing personal information, however
We collect personal information including your name, address, email address and telephone number when you use the contact page on this website to send us a request or query, and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services, our website, or other matters.
How might Caststone use and disclose your personal information?
Caststone may use your personal information for the contacting you or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, Caststone may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
• Provide you with our products or services that you have requested;
• Respond to your queries or feedback;
• Analyse and improve all aspects of our business including, but not limited to our business systems, processes, outcomes, communication, website, engagement and performance;
Disclosure of personal information to other parties. We may also disclose your personal information if it is required by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
Security and management of personal information
Caststone will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
• Limiting physical access to our premises;
• If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, Caststone will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
• Links from our website to other websites
• Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing the information we hold about you
Under the APPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.